4850 overheating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to fill you in, i called ebuyer tech support and they think its because the GFX card isnt getting enough power i said i got a 530watt PSU and he then said what you got running on that so i said 2 DVD's, 2 HDD, amd X2, 4 rams and he siad probably PSU so. what do you guys reckon?

Could be that your psu has gone bad or something. Try another psu if you have another lying around. But your psu has 530w and 40A total, that is plenty of power for your system.

really.. odd people always talk about GPU's being in high 60's when gaming. However according to CCC with my 4870 512mb fan speed at 40% it's 37c at idle and i haven't seen it to above 55c when gaming, rarely above 50c. Maybe my games arent intensive enough lol.

Temps vary a lot depending on your resolution, game settings, different levels. Some levels in games require very little of your card while some will really stress your card out. There is a lot of factors as to what gets your card working hard. Even your cpu can influence gpu temps if its not fast enough.

Temps vary a lot depending on your resolution, game settings, different levels. Some levels in games require very little of your card while some will really stress your card out. There is a lot of factors as to what gets your card working hard. Even your cpu can influence gpu temps if its not fast enough.

on top of all that....
ambient temps and air flow within the case play a factor :p

just to let you guys know my new power supply came today i ordered the akasa 1000w, so i tested it and still after about 10 minutes into running games my display lost the signal (GFX overheateing) so sending them both back but im going to be getting replacement card. Il let you know further details

:eek: 1kw is extremely excessive the only time I personally reccomend that would be if you going with a cf x build thats hydrogen cooled and even then I would say that was with a bit of headroom for improvement. Your cpu is a bottleneck if at stock speed from the start and you should buy a new gpu cooler if its overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom