Core I7 Compatible with this MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i would need a special motherboard? that bites..

is the q6700 compatible with it? Nvm.. It is LGA775 motherboard compatible..

Well.. thats something new I learned today.. thanks, lol

I also read something about the corei7 being made slower by vista because of double threading or something.. I have to get caught up with this new stuff..

Interesting..: Intel's Core i7 processors - The Tech Report - Page 1

soz about tha double post.. i am on a sh*ty laptop at my cheap school.

Whats your budget and usage wecan tell you exactly whats best for you.... Were here to help and answer your questions plus were non-profit so any advice we tell you is what we believe to be the best.

I have quite a lot of experience in building computers and computer parts..

It's just that the past year I have been doing no research at all.

I read up on the new processors and such today.. interesting stuff.

I am deciding for this build to go for one or two 9800GTX cards because they are an excellent price/FPS value and when adding two in SLI the performance increase is substantially great compared to most cards, such as the 9800gx2, and a simple quad core such as the Q6700. The Q6700 can be overclocked just as much as the Q6600 I know but I got a great deal on the Q6700 so I am sticking with it. As for the motherboard.. I couldn't pass up the Biostar TPower.. I have always wanted one. Sound card I reckon I will go with the X-FI Prelude 7.1 because it seems like a good card and it has EAX 5.0 capabilities, which is good for gaming. As for the RAM I guess I will go with OCZ Gold 2GB because they were recommended to me. As for cooling.. I will build a liquid cooling system, probably from Petras Tech.. and will eventually do some overclocking on this build.

Na you wanna go with the 260 core 216 by EVGA if budget allows and either the 9300 or 9450 then overclock up with a True 120 extreme (its mahoosive so case considerations are a must) or the sunbeam core contact freezer 120. Nvidia sli is better then current crossfire solutions although the 4870 is the best single gpu solution.Q6600 is old tech and the Q6700 is just a needless expense for the same tech when as a power user you can overclock. The Tpower is skt 775 and with the P45 chipset its quite modern. i reccomend you don't go creative Auzentech and the asus xonar are a lot better if they fit budget (I am in the uk not the hottest on US prices for obscure items like a soundcard). I have the Asus xonar D2X and its the first soundcard I have bought the difference is incredible!!! My speakers are still fairly generic and unaudiophilic but it has improved the sound greatly in all aspects.

Nvidia is coming out with new cards if you hold out but in the tech world I am sure you know there is always something rumoured to be better round the corner.

Asus xonar D2X is only EAX 1.0-2.0 if I remember correctly..

and I hear that 2 9800GTX is considerably faster than one GTX260 and 3 9800GTX is faster than 2 GTX260.. I need to do more research on that though. But anyway.. the GTX260 seems a bit overkill and the 9800GTX should handle more than everything I throw at it if my 7900GT can handle Crysis just fine on low/medium.. and through my research I will be able to play games like Crysis.. (as if there are any yet..) quite happily with just one 9800GTX.. not overclocked.

All my GPUs come from EVGA... they're awesome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom