New here, looking for build opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it. Still probably worth $50. Seems sturdy, and I'm sure I can just leave the LED's unplugged :D A little worried about noise, but there's always fans to upgrade.

Trust me. You do not want to skimp on the psu. It can have power sage which will slow you down or can give you random shutdowns, or it can outright fail, sometimes taking other parts with it. The Corsair psu's are very dependable. I love mine. You wont be disappointed.

You can use the money saved on getting a 4850 instead of a 4870 and use it for a better psu ;). Also if your a student you can get vista for a discount or get server08 for free then configure it to be extremely similar to vista but with a 8-17% performance gain

Looks like they only offer Vista Ultimate Upgrade in 32bit format... no x64 availabe. Sucks, because it's only $83 for the 32bit ultimate upgrade. If I obtained the 64 bit media, would the 32bit upgrade license work with it?

Server08 then configure it to have the vista gui (graphical user interface) not tempt you then its the way I am going me thunks.

I didn't realise it was 32bit limited how anal

That's not anal that's a limitation. You can't just upgrade form 32bit to 64bit. Its not that simple. And I would imagine that if you did you would have many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom