Biostar I45 - unable to O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So set it close to it.... Itsd not rocket science... just over-clocking.

The very slight bounce is fine, 0.05v is little, now 0.50v is big.

Alright, I can live with that.

But I can't live with failing IntelburnTest on default settings and having my temps hit 66c with only a +.1v increase at full load. I just don't know what my next step is.

I should have all the hardware to do it right.

Q9550 with a low VID
Biostar I45
G.Skill PI black 2x2gb
Sunbeam Core contact freezer
Antec 900 with extra fans and TONS of air flow

So frustrating.

Have you reseated your fan? and what kind of paste you using?

Edit.....

Have you checked your Vid and Vcore while runing prime?

As I have a hard time believinh your 1.1Vid.

I have no reseated the headsink yet, but it came with Tx-2? whatever comes with the Sunbeam CCF.

I believe my VID is accurate, I mean I disabled C1E and speedstep in the I45 bios and my coretemp VIDis 1.10000 at 377x8.5 for 3119mhz. Also under the same settings my CPU-Z says I am only running a 6.0 multiplier but I am pretty sure its a bug and the core voltage jumps around between 1.1 and 1.2.
(I left everything on auto and just increased the FSB)

coretemp or CPU-z while running intel burn test?

And intel burn test really frustrates me. I keep getting fails even on default stock settings. Any idea what I can do about it?

easiest way to do it is just make sure your CPU is loaded (P95, Orthos, IBT, SPi, converting a video, or anything else), then look at the VID in CoreTemp

Yha, i think, as mentioned above, you still have stepping on.

Its not bad, but gives youj a skewed vid and vcore, which is why you're failing.

Well I really don't know how to turn it off in the I45 bios then because I have disabled C1E and speedstep. What else is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom