Asus Maximus 2 + Asus ROG 9800GT SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I must say the striker II is waht I need to look at. Lately though the graphics world is a mess and quite frankly I don't know when to turn. Anyways besides being a nVidia fan boy taking hard hits, on a non-biased view I play ALOT of Crysis and it isn't secret that nVidia based GPU's have the advantage over their ATI equivalents , of course ATI has quite a turn out over nVidia in Call Of Duty 4 and World At War. Undoubtedly ATI has nVidia beat in the single PCB card (single and dual GPU) market.

BUT. I would be willing to take 3 xFx 9800 GTX+ XXX (3x$170) cards against ATI's 4870x2 ($530) anyday. ;)

umm.... gtx 260 SLi (core 216) is suprior to the 4870x2...

and might i tell you... 2 gtx260 sli's are playing crysis warhead 1920x1080 all enthusiast and i never hit below 30fps ;)

The cheapest HD 4870X2 on Newegg is $490 before MIR, so its technically cheaper by $30 ;)

Now I'd never considering CF'ing or Tri-SLI'ing those cards.. most of the time its a performance decrease and not worth paying 300% (or 200% for the HD 4870X2)

Plus GTX 260 Core 216 SLI is win

i'm in love with my computer... its that ideal computer you think of.. when yuo first think of building that monster rig...when you think of it .. its like.. that computer you can have 2 games running at once.. and push alt tab to go to the next game.. and there's no down time at all... and while in the middle of that.. your torrenting some things.. while on aim... and burning a cd...

THIS... is my ideal computer... and i'm in love!!!

and oh ya.. games run fantastically too :p

umm.... gtx 260 SLi (core 216) is suprior to the 4870x2...

and might i tell you... 2 gtx260 sli's are playing crysis warhead 1920x1080 all enthusiast and i never hit below 30fps ;)

LIES!!!! What do you think would be better, 2 GTX280's, or 2 4870X2's? I can only get cards from EVGA, Visiontek, and diamond for those cards from Fry's. Oh god, imagine the PSU, prolly can get that too, with hookups.

I would wait until the new nvidia cards come out? "the 4870x2 killer" or whatever.

that would be the gtx295

which i've been hearing is getting boast an amazing 240x2 sp's isntaed of the 216 we heard.. but have the same bus as the gtx 260

so we'll have the shaders of a gtx280 sli... its gonna be a beast of a chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom