Biostar I45 - unable to O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your temps are fine and go with +.25. While pushing the FSB to around 380~. Work your way up to 411 and see if you can get that stable. Once you get past 380~ though you should choose +.35. Since its going to require more voltage.

I'm new to this too but from the research I have done and listen to others here your idle temps are just fine. That is my idle temps too, i have a q6600. As stated previous by BongWizard you need to be more concerned with your temps when under load. That is when it matters. Do a stress test. Some will tell you nothing over 65, some 75. I will leave that to the pros here to explain as I have no knowledge of what is safe.

If you go to O.N.E and scroll down to Voltage Configuration click 'enter' and then look at the bottom of that page you will see your RAM volts, cpu volts, etc. That is what they are currently running at. Adjust accordingly. So if your cpu volts are at 1.29 and you want it at say 1.34 then add .050 to it. Make sense?

Please wait for someone else to agree with me as I am not 100% on this. IMO you could leave it at AUTO until you start to do some real high OCing. If the PC isn't booting up on Auto then that is when it's time to start adding. Just remember though the more volts you add the hotter she'll run.

your base vcore is equal to your VID, which is 1.1V i believe if that screenie was right... your base MCH voltage is also 1.1V, and the JEDEC standard for DDR2 RAM is 1.8V

so you should try your vcore at +0.225 and the MCH should always be +0.1-0.2V to keep the FSB and RAM stable

Run a few loops of Intel Burn Test every time you change the voltage (like when you get to the OC you want and you're finding the best voltage for it) and make sure the temps dont go much above 70

Hiding in your hole from your own shadow until spring?

lol! yeah... least i'll have time to find a better avvy by then! lol

I am so confused... I have disabled C1E and EIST(Speed step right?) in the bios but my coretemp and cpu-z values are WAY different.

cpu-z still has my core speed using a 6.0 multiplier and my vcore keeps fluctuating while coretemp sees it as 8.5 multiplier.

I even manually set my core voltage to +.025 instead of AUTO thinking that is the problem, but it is still fluctuating.

Help!

Yea I am not really worried about the core speed problem, I am worried about the core voltage.

The CPU-Z number is fluctuating by as much as .05v and I have C1E AND Speedstep disabled AND the voltage to +.025 (Just trying to get it off of AUTO). So what is the deal?

I also am beginning to worry about my temps. I have a small over clock using +.025 vcore and 378 FSB giving me 3213mhz, but while running IntelBurnTest My temps are topping out at 63c. This makes be believe if I up the vcore my temps will be in the red zone.

ya i could not figure out for the life of me how to turn off speedstep on my biostart p45 either!!!! it angered me.. i turned off everything i was supposed but still it was on!

The problem is you can't do that on the I45.

The only options are +.025, +.05 ect ect, you can't set an exact number.

And we have both disabled C1E and Speedstep yet our CPUZ vcore fluxuates crazily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom