My options for silient cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar927

In Runtime
Hi all I have a budget of 100 dollars.

what are my options for totally silient cooling?

the fans I have now do nothing and my pc runs to hot but I can not CAN NOT live in my small room with PC fans blasting noise so what are my options for silient cooling

I herd of like someting thats ice or w/e idr really does that ring any bells? like some sort of artic system idk :p

any ways I hate fan noise and my budget is 100 dollars and I would like it to look cool if possablw to match all my case leds :p
lol
thanks all

You have two options complete heatsink case which is out of your budget or good wire management, air cooling and acoustic dampening.

What case do you currently have?
What graphics card do you use?
do you have a cpu heatsink?
What is your motherboard?

Sadly most of the good silent fans don't have LEDS. you should of stated that as a factor when building your pc as items like the psu and harddrives can't be changed with that budget and they are often problem areas for system noise.

HDD is fine and so is PSU the noisy one is my back case fan which is huge because I run SLI with 2 9800gt s and they get quite hot hot hot

mobo is an asus P5N-D

idk heat sink lol came with mobo and cpu, coustome built system BTW

How am I meant to reccomend fans without knowing anything about the case that they are attaching to? The case might be rubbish and have awful cooling ability 9800gts aren't particularly hot running if you have efficient cooling and a good case airflow if they are the cheapest (most likely as you didn't build it and the guy is maximising profits) they will have the stock coolers which are noisy and probably the loudest thing in there the back fan may just be loose if its noticeably louder then anything else

I built it my self and I do know about PC building noen of my fans are loose and ill find a link to the case hold on

btw on almost every forum I have read these cards are critisized for running hotter tyhen most cards

I built it my self and I do know about PC building noen of my fans are loose and ill find a link to the case hold on

btw on almost every forum I have read these cards are critisized for running hotter tyhen most cards

Compared to the new ATi cards (4870's) they run cold.

Hi all,

I have a well opinion for you. you can additional a fan for cooling, because the temparery in PC is very high.

there's no such thing as silent cooling... but for 100 bucks you can get a pretty good setup... the GPU fans are probably the loudest part of your rig (cuz stock sux!) then the CPU fan

so whack a Sunbeam CCF (Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks) on your CPU (cuz you're using stock, right?) and a couple of these (Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF900 - CU LED 2 Ball VGA Cooling Fan/Heatsink - VGA Cooling) on the GPUs

it comes to about $110 after rebates

there's no such thing as silent cooling... but for 100 bucks you can get a pretty good setup... the GPU fans are probably the loudest part of your rig (cuz stock sux!) then the CPU fan

so whack a Sunbeam CCF (Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks) on your CPU (cuz you're using stock, right?) and a couple of these (Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF900 - CU LED 2 Ball VGA Cooling Fan/Heatsink - VGA Cooling) on the GPUs

You poor disillusioned man;
HFX für HiFi und Home Entertainment
+ heatsinked psu
+ heatsinked gfx
+ Hdd ssd or 5400rpm drives in some silencers T-Balancer Webshop by mCubed
No noise as there are a minimal of moving parts *he shoots he scores and the crowd goes wild*

Neither of your solutions are overly quiet either. To the OP please tell me what the case is I still have no clue what size the fans are, what size the casing is and you can replace a psu fan but it may kill you if you don't do it correctly (correctly is to leave it unplugged for 3 days)

Two of these bad boys would be a good start btw; fans are controlled by the motherboard and actively change according to temps it also has mahoosive heatsink so even at 700rpm will be cooler then the stock fans. I believe its compatible with your card but haven't double checked.
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Accelero Xtreme 9800 Fluid Dynamic VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

You can go silent cooling, it just requires a very large radiator with watercooling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom