Gaming Mouse Reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtbird

Baseband Member
Ive been using a logitech trackball for about 6 years, and im ready to replace it. I was thinking about trying a pick up and move mouse. I was wondering if anyone has made the transition and how hard it is to change. I was also looking for recommendations for a good mouse under $50.

Logitech and Razer are the main contenders in mice atm really you need to go to your local pc world equivalent (I am in the UK) and wrap your hand around some. I use a razer deathadder btw

a good mouse for under 50 bucks would be the logitech G5, it is a very good mouse with amazing build quality, it comes with a weight tray and on the move sensitivity changing, it has 2000 DPI which is sufficient for nearly everyone, it also fits right handed people amazingly, it suites large hands well aswell still maintaning that quality for small hands, overall its an excellent mouse, if you can spend over 50bucks i recomend you get the logitech G9, its alot better than the G5, but the G5 is stillm an excellent mouse.

I actually dont have any local stores that put out the high quality mice to test. How does the g5 compare to the mx518? What is the difference between a optical and laser mouse?

I can't compare it to any other quality mouse but I love my G5. Though the paint design has wore out on the left button where my finger goes. Still works of course but I expected the design to stay intact for more than the ~4 months that I've had it.

G5 vs MX518...

G5 has adjustable weights, a little bit faster settings due to laser.

MX518 is cheaper, more comfortable IMO, and still has fast settings especially when compared to standard mice.

Biggest problem with the MX518 I think is that the surface wears down within two years.

mx518 FTW. I got both and I prefer the 518 a lot more. It just fits your hand overall better and its more comfortable therefor it makes it better for gaming.

What kind of games do you play? Some mice fit different games better

I use a Razer Deathadder and it's amazing really comfortable for the right handed person and it's really attractive not to mention the side buttons are easy to hit

Right now im playing through bioshock (<3) I play cod4, and I plan to pick up sims/diablo 3 when they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom