New here, looking for build opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combo I stated earlier will allow you to be around budget at $320 and let you fully use a 4870 on fps it will be quite good although you will need to overclock the processor to get the speed to not bottleneck it. The intels will give you quite a large performance boost so I think you need to consider your budget before posting as if its <400 then AMD is the way >400<1000 its a 775 intel and 1000+ is I7 kinda build with multi-gpu

No its not. Your combo deal is over. Its cheaper to get Intel normally. And as I have said before 8x PCIe is plenty fast for a 4870. Stop lying to the OP.

For value you can't beat the Biostar TP45. And the e5200 is much faster than any X2. The Intel build will cost much less than the AMD build also. To get the OC potential of the TP45 you need a high end AMD board, and even then AMDs over clock like crap. There is no logical reason to go AMD.

lol now now lets not argue but i am not backing down your combo was 285 and didn't include ram, psu, gfx just add the gfx card that I suggested at $180 and you are way past a $400 budget

My combo was $195. What are you trying to push? I was comparing an Intel build to an AMD build. The AMD build was $285. I said go Intel. And you suggestion doesn't work anymore. That combo is up.

The original amd build was 285 mine wasn't and although that combos up AMD is constantly on combos as they are dirt cheap even when not on a combo. What I am trying to push is that AMD's are still useful and that your being a bit of an intel fanboy by not seeing that in the very low end of the market they are still of use.

The combo I stated earlier will allow you to be around budget at $320 and let you fully use a 4870 on fps it will be quite good although you will need to overclock the processor to get the speed to not bottleneck it. The intels will give you quite a large performance boost so I think you need to consider your budget before posting as if its <400 then AMD is the way >400<1000 its a 775 intel and 1000+ is I7 kinda build with multi-gpu

It looks like either way, I can do it for around $300. I'd just have to skimp on the video for now. I'm sure there will be deals shortly after the new year.

My main angle here was preparedness for the Phenom2, but the benefit of that might not be worth going with an Athlon X2 at the present.

It won't be I suspect the phenom 2 to be on par with the current generation of sckt775 even on the high end models. However 775 has just been superceeded by I7 but to invest in one of those needs big bucks and its brand new tech so still in its infancy I would wait 6 months so that the kinks can be ironed out.

The original amd build was 285 mine wasn't and although that combos up AMD is constantly on combos as they are dirt cheap even when not on a combo. What I am trying to push is that AMD's are still useful and that your being a bit of an intel fanboy by not seeing that in the very low end of the market they are still of use.

Obviously you missed the part where I proved you can make a cheaper Intel build that is faster. I'm not an Intel Fanboy. I bet I've owned more AMD rigs than you. The fact of the matter is Intel has AMD beat at all segments of the market now that the e5200 is here. You can't beat it in performance and you can't beat it in value. The only time I would recommend an AMD build at this point is if you were making an ultra low budget system with Integrated graphics, and that's because I would never buy a mobo using an Intel IGP.

I beat you on price and performance, but instead of admitting that you are calling me a fanboy. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom