New here, looking for build opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should be a plus 2 I have already said words to that effect and you will not get an intel system that cheap which matches the performance of the mobo/cpu without going open box which opens up to all sorts of headaches:
If your a gamer then go with this motherboard/cpu + the 4870 over budget by $30 but just don't drink any booze for a week also open boxed motherboards and cpus are lovely and cheap but motherboards can lack cables which is annoying.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
If your not a gamer then get a E7300 with a board with integrated graphics :)

I was thinking that if I go with 790fx board, I can upgrade the processor all the way up to the AM3 Phenom. But for the moment, I want to build something that's going to run games without much trouble.

I'll do some more research :)

Thanks

That should be a plus 2 I have already said words to that effect and you will not get an intel system that cheap which matches the performance of the mobo/cpu without going open box which opens up to all sorts of headaches:

Prepare to be owned!

The e5200 will out run any AMD dualie, maybe even at stock. It costs $82

The Biostar TP45HP cost $110. It has crossfire so you can still use ATI cards and it can hit 700mhz fsb. The only thing that can beat it is it's big brother, the I45.

That is $195

You want a 790FX mobo. The cheapest good board you can get is the DFI for $140.

The only X2 I could see you recommending is the 5400+ BE. It's $66, but needs a cooler.

You should get the Core contact freezer. That runs you $40 more.

The total comes to $246

You can also get the core contact for the Intel setup, and I highly recommend it. The e5200 is a beast in the low end market. AMD can't touch it.

**** that combo deal has dissapeared it was a 5200x2 and a decent motherboard for $130 (can't quite remember) so that he could then overclock and run the 4870 ($180) and get it around the $300 budget for cpu/gfx/mobo. when a p45 crossfires it drops the pci-e speed to x8 on both slots you would need its bigger brother the x48 for it not to do that :)

I was going by the msi platinum as its the most expensive I expected it to be semi-decent for technical function info. But the fact it has crossfire doesn't interest the OP because he doesn't have the budget at $300 its too tight the amd combo is pretty unbeatable and allows for a 4870 to run at full speed.

I am trying to plan for future upgrades, potentially a new Phenom 2. Maybe the Intel Quad core will be better/as good as that too? If specs of intel quad/phenom 2 end up being similar, then the intel route may be the way to go.

Depends if your gaming as I stated the amds are good for cheap and cheerful so that you can spend more on the gfx but intels rip them apart at pretty much every level, personally I was really hyped for the phenom launch but it was such a flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom