Hard drive and partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that will be enough if you need more you can always resize although you should make a disk image before trying that windows can be abit tempermental when resized its worked for me (around 6 times both resized smaller and larger) but there are quite a few horror stories

It depends. You have just under 3GB left now. How much more do you have to install? If you are going to install a bunch of games you best make sure that you do it on the other drive.

Not to mention keeping your temp files, browser cache and other such things cleared cause that will cause that 3GB to fill up as well.

I understand that. But some software doesnt allow you to install it anywhere but on the Windows drive. Not to mention if you leave your profile folders and stuff that i previously mentioned on the System Drive. That 3GB will fill up and you will get a low space warning if you dont keep on top of it.

Browser temp files are stored on the system drive
Application temp install files are stored on the system drive
Windows Updates are stored on the system drive

That is jsut 3 items that can fill up your 3GB real fast and with just having Windows set to default settings. So you better make sure to clean out the old Windows Update files. Better make sure to run CCleaner every couple of days as well.

Yeah. GParted, Acronis Disk Director among many others can do it. Just a matter of resizing it and giving it more space.

Ok, ill give it a go, thanks for your help mak, salty and hefemeister

ok, so i got acronis disk suite and i changed all the partition sizes, commit it, it prompts me to restart my PC so i do, but when windows loads back up my partition is still 15gb big and got 40gb which i changed it to.

Use gparted that way you don't need to be in a windows environment to run it as its a livecd. As its a bit of a waste of cd to just use it for 6mb file you can run it off of a usb stick I believe.

ohh, thats the only reason i got acronis because i didnt know how to use gparted, lol.

will 40gb be enough just for windows and some drivers like my motherboard drivers? including temp files etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom