weird quality with audio card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rave_tech

In Runtime
i have a dell lattitude D630 with a core2duo T7300 and sigmatel audio...

i previously had an inspiron 9100 with sigmatel as well....after dj work at the club for a year i upgraded to the lattitude...

it seems that the audio doesnt have the "loudness" that the inspiron had..?

almost like a limiter, or like the output is underpowering or something like i dont know hard to explain...

just figured i would ask to see if anyone knew anything about it...

It shouldn't have any kind of limiter. Only thing I can think of is the laptop itself can't output as well. I'm guessing you've already set the volume to max right? :p Never know!

You can use a program called MP3Gain to increase the volume of your tracks and that will make everything louder.

Also some media players allow for higher volume output (VLC, upto 200%) so at least your covered in that department for personal use anyway.

yes they can. bigger and more expensive laptops put more work into their sound output. and it varies. you want better sound, get a usb creative card for laptops. the gain programs will add more distortion (mp3 gain will fix your volume for mp3 though)

You need an external soundcard the audio quality difference will be extreme. You should of come here first there are loads of audiophiles on here that could of reccomended a better lappy. Inspirions are good allrounders but not very good in any one area usually

whoops soz got mixed up the lattitude isn't particularly good at anything either again its a pretty general allrounder the xps range is where things start to get interesting. I personally would of gone with a toshiba they are more media inclined.

The new acers are meant to have rubbish reliability I have a travelmate 290 which has lasted serious abuse over 5 years so this isn't just prejudice against the brand. Only 4 months ago I sandpapered the graffiti off of the bugger and spray painted a lovely blue. The only thing that has died on is the optical drive which is easily replaced
26062007022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom