I'm back and need your help on a new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I used to use this forum a while ago and I learned everything I know about computers from this lol. But anyways I've been out of computers and gaming for a while, but now I want to make a new rig since I'm studying Computer programming in college right now and I want to get back to my gaming. My brother sold my old rig for drug money behind my back a while ago and that was the last of computers for me. I've been using my new hp laptop since then, but I want to build a desktop just in case. I'm uniformed of the new stuff on the market. My rig that my bro stole from me was what i have in my signature so that's pretty much what I left off with lol. Some one recommend me a good budget build for me. With a $500 budget maybe. I can use my old centurion5 case and i have a monitor and keyboard etc. I just need opinions on:
-mobo
-cpu
-ram
-vga card
-hdd
-psu

btw, I don't mind building a microATX system if possible. I kind of want to get something in a small portable case, but i know that the mobo selection is hindered in microATX so I'll stick with ATX if it's worth it.
All opinions are appreciated and thanks for the help.

So this is where I'm at so far, critique and let me know what you think.

CPU: AMD x2 6000 3.0ghz 2x1mb L2 Cahce
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Mobo: Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+
Newegg.com - Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

RAM: G. Skill 2x1gb ddr2 1066
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Videocard: eVGA 9800gt (at my local computer store)
.eVGA Geforce 9800GT 512MB DDR3 600Mhz PCI-E 512-P3-N975-AR-Central Computer Systems Inc.

PSU: Antec 550W
Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

E8400 instead with a p45 chipset and 4870 if your going to use vista then 4gb (g-skill pi black 2x2gb) if your using xp then get a DDr2-6400 set of 2x1gb sticks or just get 4gb for the sake of it. That psu is fine though :)

You should be on newegg they are the chepest ;) the 4870 is $180 and is the best single gpu you can buy :D. If you can't afford an E8400 then the E7300 isn't that much of a downgrade and will be much faster then that amd

lol i've never been a fan of intel. i'm and amd fanboy lol. and dude of course i know about newegg. I've been in the computer building game since '05. But thats a good deal at some place where i can get it without having to wait or pay for shipping.

Well even if your a fan boy intel beats it from the word go its only worth looking into amd if your doing a really cheap build which your not. Most AMD's are beaten by the E5200 which is $85. even with shipping I think you would make savings at newegg and get better hardware plus its easier for me to give you links and help you directly if we are working from the same prices/products

yeah thats true, and i plan on ordering all my stuff on newegg except for that videocard cuz its on sale this week lol, but we'll see nothing is certain. I actually am trying to do a cheap build so i don't mind AMD but I might see how a e5200 setup might be, if you say it beats the x2 6000.

comparable deals
Newegg.com - MSI N9800GT 512OC GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161260<-- not far off the performance of a 9series
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121272<-- better then the 9800gt for $10
Yeah the E5200 will beat it with a touch of overclocking with a decent motherboard and cooler expect 3.6ghz which will beat any phenom or x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom