Setting up i7, why is it sooo hot? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mount the heatsink right? Try reseating it, and re-apply thermal compound when you do (clean the old off with isopropyl alcohol and coffee filters [or any other non-lint thing you can clean it with]).

just did that and used the silver stuff.....sittin at 61......fan at 1900 ...

it should only be at 45 right? maybe i will pull the blue pin on the fan so it will run 100% or run and tap lines from the power 4 pin so i can run the **** outta the fan LOL

why so hot i wonder?

ok fixed it, i had to really get those crappy really crappy clips in....found out because when i pushed down on the heat sink the temp dropped 20 degrees in 2 seconds so i shut it down reclipped as tight as possible...and now temps around 45 degrees pretty steady.....

now its just while starting the install with vista, the loading is like 15 minutes after i clicked install, hasnt done anything....i wonder if its the sata dvd rom, or if the hard drive and dvd rom are plugged in the wrong spots.....hmmmm....

EDIT : locked the fan at 100% took the auto pilot off, and now its at 33 C LOL now its healthy!!

you think it damaged the cpu to be at 85 for 20 seconds??

EDIT 2 : Well it installed vista in 25 minutes total....i have the hard drive set to raid and pluged into the gsata but i dont know if thats where its supposed to go, never heard of gsata.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom