The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warhead is easily playable in Gamer mode with a single OCed 4850... with the recent driver updates, its been even nicer (especially with CF enabled)... a 4870 will fly in Warhead if you tune it right

I was assuming the 4870 would allow me to be at max settings in warhead. Gamer? :(

Can you help on my other question? My core temps...

If some of you recall who I am I was the dude that coudnt get a simple 3 GHz with my previous psu. Well now that I am finally at 3.25GHz w/ new psu I have some question I want to ask. Should I start a new thread or keep it in here?!?!

gamer is the equivalent of High in normal Crysis... Enthusiast is Very High

Tri SLI GTX 280s can max out crysis (no AA) with a good OC... you'll only get 40fps at 19x12 tho... so not maxing out Crysis shouldnt be a worry for anyone

Wow that is bad news. Guess I need to pay more attention. I have some goodies on the way soon so can't wait to try it out! New monitor Acer that is 1920 x 1200 with a 50,000:1 C/R!!! and the 4870!

you guys still haven' answered my question about my core temps! lolz Guess I can just start a new topic for my OCing chat. :)

i'll usually let my core temps hit a maximum of 70C under load on a 45nm chip, but for normal usage, you shouldn't run it at more than 65 for extended periods

a better cooled GPU can help, as dumping the hot air out the back of your case will help lower the case temperature, thus allowing for maximum heat transfer by the CPU HSF (by Newton's Law of Cooling)

I increased my computer up to about 3.56GHz and ran coretemps while playing Crysis. I watched the temps of each core as I played. Seem the first two cores went up to about 69 to 70c and the other two stayed around 62 or 63c. Is this ok? It seems the cores where never under max load.

Well you are using an Arctic Freezer 7 pro, which is better than stock, but I wouldn't recommend it for a quad. What kind of thermal paste are you using? You may want to look into getting some TX-2. Its cheap and its the best thermal paste out there. Also take a look at the airflow in your case. If you aren't getting cool air in and hot air out then you are hurting yourself.

The dude that built it used Arctic Silver 5

What do you recommend for a cooler? I just ran Prime95 at 3.34GHz (all volt settings on auto, ram at lowest settings) and temps got up to 82c!!!! :eek:

I think my airflow is pretty good. Guess I can take some pics of my setup later.

If I get a new cooler I will have so many extra parts I need to sell. I thought Id sell them quick but no one is buying them. psu, case, mobo, gpu,,,now a cooler most likely :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom