Biostar I45 - unable to O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply Hussein.

The issue im having with cpu-z vcore is that my settings are still on auto so its changing all the time and I do not know my base vcore. The I45 is throwing me off because you can't set exact vcore numbers only +.025, +.05... from whatever the base is.... but how do I know my base when its changing all the time?

Your base is 1.10Vcore. Choose +.25 and see how if you are able to push your chip.

Since I don't know much about overclocking Intels. You should wait until some one like BongWizard or Zmatt see this thread.

Thank you again Hussien, I will wait.

However how do my temps look to you? idle at 40c and load at 50c without increasing Vcore.

I have a core contact freezer and TONS of airflow in my case.

Thanks

Quads have 4 Cores running so they will always run hotter then Duals. Which would explain the some what high idle temps.

So long as your exceeding 60c under full load then your fine.

first up... you've got speedstep enabled, which is great if you wanna keep cool, but for benchmarking i always turn it off (disable C1E and EIST in the BIOS)... thats a wicked VID... you should be able to push that thing fairly high... you'll obviously need some more voltage to get higher tho, so try increasing it to 1.325-1.35V in the BIOS (it'll come out around 1.28-1.3V after droop)... also, you'll want to increase the voltage on the NB (to between 1.2 and 1.3V)... make sure you've got your RAM up to its rated voltage (on the sticker on the DIMM) as well

try just bumping up the FSB with 1.325V on the core and see how high you can get it (monitor the temps of course... i usually let it get up to 70°C at full load)...

at high FSB and RAM clocks you might be able to stabilise it with a bit of clock skew (usually in Advanced Timings Controls)... if need be, try adding 100ps to the MCH and MAYBE 50ps to the CPU (only if the MCH skew doesnt stabilise it)

if you need any more help, you know where i am!!

that vid isn't correct. with speedstep on it throttles the VID, but I'm guessing its still a killer vid. If you disable all of that stuff it will pop up with your actual VID and then the .25v increase will be noticable.

also oc'ing AMD isn't too much different than Intel. The only difference is on AMD you drop the HTT bus and then bump it up. Intel you just raise the fsb

first up... you've got speedstep enabled, which is great if you wanna keep cool, but for benchmarking i always turn it off (disable C1E and EIST in the BIOS)... thats a wicked VID... you should be able to push that thing fairly high... you'll obviously need some more voltage to get higher tho, so try increasing it to 1.325-1.35V in the BIOS (it'll come out around 1.28-1.3V after droop)... also, you'll want to increase the voltage on the NB (to between 1.2 and 1.3V)... make sure you've got your RAM up to its rated voltage (on the sticker on the DIMM) as well

try just bumping up the FSB with 1.325V on the core and see how high you can get it (monitor the temps of course... i usually let it get up to 70°C at full load)...

at high FSB and RAM clocks you might be able to stabilise it with a bit of clock skew (usually in Advanced Timings Controls)... if need be, try adding 100ps to the MCH and MAYBE 50ps to the CPU (only if the MCH skew doesnt stabilise it)

if you need any more help, you know where i am!!

Wow, Hussien was right to wait for you to post. :)

So my most basic question is do I KNOW that my base vcore is 1.100? And if so when u say to bump it up to 1.325 I would use +0.225 correct?

Same question for the NB, its on auto right now. How do I know my base voltage on it?

Would you suggest that I just dial in my ram for the rated voltage and timings and speed (taking it off auto completely)?

And finally should I take the vcore up to 1.325 right away and then just progressively increase the FSB while it stays stable? Or should I be slowly increasing the voltage as I go?

Thank you so much.

Oh, do my temps look ok to you?

(I feel like I had a pretty good baseline knowledge from doing research, but as this is my first O.C. I would love to just run all of this by you.)

Correct me if I am wrong, as I am learning too. But your default temps are listed under the Voltage Config you will see what the current temps of all settings are. adjust accordingly

Chad I am a little confused by your post.

I am looking for base voltages so that I can apply the +.025 or whatever in my I45 MB (it does not let me set an exact number just + or -) and not temps?

I just wondered if my temps look okay for idle and the current voltage/frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom