1 nVidia 260GTX GT or SLI 2 way 8800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah dude... i've had people tell me that they've got a P4 OCed to 4.2GHz, so it must be better than my Yorkie @ 3.6 cuz it has more GHz... just goes to show that 98% of people know nothing of computers beyond how to type and read emails

yeah dude... i've had people tell me that they've got a P4 OCed to 4.2GHz, so it must be better than my Yorkie @ 3.6 cuz it has more GHz... just goes to show that 98% of people know nothing of computers beyond how to type and read emails

typically people who don't play PC games or arent benchmarking obsessed ( I never really understood this ) won't find a particular need to keep up to date with computer technology, and computer technology is pretty confusing if you don't look up all these professional benchmarking resources ( like how much better is an i7 compared to a quad core etc etc )

One of my peeves are programmers who no absolutely nothing about hardware. I know it isn't their field but you need to know something about the machine you are working on.

One of my peeves are programmers who no absolutely nothing about hardware. I know it isn't their field but you need to know something about the machine you are working on.

agreed... i've had a programmer tell him his athlon x2 was far superior to my 4.3ghz e8500 before...

he even told me "you need to get over this ghz amount... thats not how it works anymore... athlons are far better"

i wanted to strike him in the face

Yeah another pet peeve of mine are people who heard 3 years ago that processor X is better than processor Y, or some other generalization and they assume that things haven't changed. And they are so sure of themselves that you must be wrong.

Yeah another pet peeve of mine are people who heard 3 years ago that processor X is better than processor Y, or some other generalization and they assume that things haven't changed. And they are so sure of themselves that you must be wrong.

agreed... i've had a programmer tell him his athlon x2 was far superior to my 4.3ghz e8500 before...

he even told me "you need to get over this ghz amount... thats not how it works anymore... athlons are far better"

i wanted to strike him in the face

Thats how life is, it is filled with ignorant people who are so deep rooted in their beliefs that even when you throw them professionally performed benchmarks right at their face they still will claim they are right and that you are wrong. People tend to hold onto their beliefs regardless of factual evidence or not, so if they want to be stubborn, to each his own I guess, no need for physical violence NosBoost :p

quick question....my monitor has a max display of 1440 x 900, all others have low refresh rates and dont look as good....

my question is do you guys think this monitor is slowing my framerates down?

its a 19" monitor......i have a 36 inch one here too, its a tv/lcd which would be better to play on?

the 36" one has 1080 i believe and 720....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom