How do I get 5.1 audio to my receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the newest driver for the ati card but the soundblaster is questionable. I may need to look at that alternative. Is there anything that anyone knows about the ati catalyst control center?

It appears to me that you will be running 2 different soundcards. The realtech one for your hdmi and the soundblaster for your other audio. You will most likely have to switch between these two depending upon what you want to do. 1st lets fix the 5.1 issue and then we will worry about the soundblaster card. Did you do what my post said and did it succeed in giving you the desired 5.1 output from your hdmi output?

This is not a 64bit system. This is my media computer.
I don't have a realtek one. You mean the board soundcard I guess which is realtek? Having two soundcards on at a time I was told would cause conflicts. Is that not true?

the ATI video card uses a realtek driver. im not talking about your media computer having a 64 bit OS, i was saying that mine all do and my audigy card doesnt work. totally beside the point.

Would that realtek driver not be installed when I went to the ati site and downloaded and installed all the updated drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom