PC Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtecyo

Baseband Member
Well I'm back once more. Thanks to those of you who helped me set it up, especially Baez =). Anyways so I got my computer up and running but only one thing, my computer tends to crash a lot. If I run like 2 windows, it goes slow and eventually ends up in a blue screen. I tried starting my game but it just crashed.

HD-Samsung HD5021J 500GB SA

Mobo-Asus P5GC-MX/1333

CPU-Intel Core2Duo E7300 Bx

Memory-DDR2 2GB PC5300LL PATRIO

PSU-Raidmax Volcano 630w

Graphics Card-EVGA 9800GT 512 MB

I would say either RAM or PSU for starters. Both are big contributors to BSOD's.

Download Memtest86+ and put it on a CD/Floppy/USB stick, and then boot from it. Run it for about 4 hours and check if there are any errors. If there are errors, that means parts of the RAM are bad and you should RMA it.

Do that for starters, if the RAM checks out, come back and we'll dive deeper.

This one: MemTest86+.

Unzip it and inside will be a .iso file. You need to open it with program like Nero and burn it onto a CD. Don't burn the actual ISO file onto the CD. The ISO has files inside it that need to be burned. Then boot from that CD.

I prefer ImgBurn over Nero. Very quick, very easy, and it doesn't suck like Nero. :p

And what do you mean open the ISO? The ISO is what you burn, it is a disc image.

I don't use Nero either but that's the one program most people know so I use it as an example. I use Alcohol 120.

If you double click on an ISO it will open and be ready to burn right away.

Well I haven't used the cd yet but when my computer crashes it goes into a black screen and then it loads all the hardware and when it gets to the hard drive it says that there is an error with the hard drive and says push f1 to continue. My computer works perfect for like the first 1 hour or 2 and then goes completely downhill from there.

Can you I just add the file to the cd or do i need a program to burn it onto?

I can't burn the img file from the file that baez gave me

Well I passed the 1st test, as Crazed stated, i should run this for four hours? So I should get multiple test results?

Yeah you want to run it for 4 hours it will keep doing tests. Have you gone back through your build reconnecting wires (power, sata, etc) and reseeding all of the parts (cards, ram)? have you checked temps on the cpu? Did you properly attach the heatsink to the cpu? Just basic troubleshooting for a new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom