Upgrading PC for GTA4! Opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
motherboards are usually important when you're looking to overclock or for certain features, and you say you're not overclocking so that's a done deal.. and as far as reliability's concerned, if you're running stuff on stock then you shouldn't be worried about either performance or the stability of the system overall - even the crumbiest, cheapest mobos around will last years, even if overclocked really, most computer parts are pretty resilient. I've abused and done stupid things with my computer parts beyond belief and they still hold true

cheap doesn't mean bad either, anything over $100 in a motherboard and you're really looking into something with specializations (like SLI/Crossfire capabilties, extra ports, firewire, RAID, integrated power on, new chipset, etc. etc.) below $100 and you're getting a basic board with minimal features, yes, but good performance and build

long story short, your M2V should be fine

I've got a 9600GT EVGA OC card I'll sell ya for $70 shipped (paid $100 for it).. I can't reply to PM's for some reason (try anyway.... get me your email if you're interested.) That card ran crysis on medium easily.. minimal use on it, got a lot of life left to it! Had it for about two months before I got my 4870 1G.

motherboards are usually important when you're looking to overclock or for certain features, and you say you're not overclocking so that's a done deal.. and as far as reliability's concerned, if you're running stuff on stock then you shouldn't be worried about either performance or the stability of the system overall - even the crumbiest, cheapest mobos around will last years, even if overclocked really, most computer parts are pretty resilient. I've abused and done stupid things with my computer parts beyond belief and they still hold true

cheap doesn't mean bad either, anything over $100 in a motherboard and you're really looking into something with specializations (like SLI/Crossfire capabilties, extra ports, firewire, RAID, integrated power on, new chipset, etc. etc.) below $100 and you're getting a basic board with minimal features, yes, but good performance and build

long story short, your M2V should be fine

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind =)
I'll definitely buy them then! (6000+ and 4850)

Hes in Australia and the exchange rate is ridiculous.
My fantasy world is where comp stuff is cheap =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom