Mobo upgrade:P45 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So looking to upgrade my P35 mobo, sending it off to the in-laws and am looking for a replacement, eyeing these below, ignore prices, just curious as to the real differences if there are any.

ASUS P5Q-E:
Newegg.ca - ASUS P5Q-E LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I see the third PCI-e slot @ x4 link, what's it for, any difference for plugging another gpu in there? recognizing of course that crossfire isn't an option. Don't know much about this x16,x8,x4 stuff.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R:
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP
Newegg.ca - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Any real reason to go with one over the other? I'll be switching to a quad in the near future so want something that will OC well. Next planned big upgrade wont be for 2 years about so want something that will last decently, not a big gamer.

This will get relegated to folding rig at that point so curious if that 3rd pci-e slot on the ASUS is worth it as all these check in around the same price where I'm buying.

well yes, i realize that. i have 4gb of ocz platinum ddr3 ram sitting here looking at me yelling at me to put it inside of a gigabyte mobo.

whack it in the gigabyte board... should be a mean OCer... the DS3P/UD3P and up usually get some chronic FSBs because its got a nice pipe goin on

yea just don't let it happen again. :)

either the Giga board or Asus. Both will oc good. It'll come down to which looks you like better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom