q9300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only 780i i'm interisted in is the asus striker II. and that is too expensive. plus i want a ddr3 mobo because i have 4gb of ocz platinum ram looking at me now. but how much are you selling it for again?

a gigabyte ud3 series board will do a great job for overclocking that chip cuz those things support FSBs in excess of 500MHz... i've gotten my 9300 up to 3.85GHz (513 MHz FSB) on a DS3P (UD3P usually gets even higher)... i probably could have gone higher, but my RAM seems to hit a wall around 1030MHz...

well i'll be running ddr3 at 1333mhz so i will link the fsb and mem to a 1:1 ratio and hopefully overclock to 3ghz without the ram crapping out on me.

with the prices of today.. if i do sell.. more than likely 110-120 shipped.. something like that.. but wel'l see.. i may want to keep it for some cheap sli action.. lol

wow that's tempting nos, 120 shipped. grrr but i'm going to start saving for core i7. after i replace this stupid pentium d.

ya.. we will see :p

i'm thinking of getting a cheap dual core (e8400?) and getting something like dual 9600gt's or something.. maybe even 3 9800gts later on down the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom