Status
Not open for further replies.

TekBubs

In Runtime
Its Christmas time and I wanna add this to my list (Lol) Can my PC run it

Specs:

• Currently using an ATI radeon x300 128MB
  • 2.80 GhZ
  • 1.5 GB DDR2 RAM (4 Slots 512 512 256 256)
  • Dell Dimensions 4700 Shell
  • Windows XP
  • Pentium 4

If you need any more info about my system tell me, I've been going after a new graphics card for some time now..

Oh and do I need a Heat sink or whatever? Also do I need any other hardware? If my computer cant run it can you guys recommend a card for me? I Play mainly source games but I have TeS Oblivion and other games that I cant play..

Actually for $200, you could save some extra cash...

But a 9600GSO would be better for the price and won't be bottlenecking (well not as much)

And by bottle necking do you mean freezing up? and if i were to get a 9600 would it be a huge problem? what would the price be :p

So should I go with the 9600GSO?

Who cares if im double posting but no one has even replied with a straight answer yet...Should I get the 9600GSO or is that even too powerful for my system...

Yes. Get the 9600GSO.
Your PC has a 305W PSU and Dell PSU's are under rated so its around 320W i believe which should be fine for a 9600GSO.

PS: Wait for confirmation because i would say maybe you do indeed need a new PSU... nvidia states you need 400w. But i would have thought you would manage.

hmm if the psu has a 6pin pci-x connector then you are all set. but if it dont then you need a new psu. the 9600gso is a very good card. i recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom