forceware v180 and xp sp3 bsod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
ok well last night i screwd something up with my vista ultimate installiation and i reformatted, put xp pro on with a couple of tweeks that came with it and i install drivers for my sound card and video card no chipset drivers. and every thing is going fine until i upgrade video card drivers from version 175 to 180 upon re booting i get a bsod that says:

page fault in non paged area

stop: 0x00000050

n44_disp.dll

that's it in short. so i boot using last known good configuration and it works on version 175 drivers so has any body had any problems similar to this. i am thinking i might need to install chipset drivers. i am going to try version 178 in a minuet.

any thoughts, advice, ect?

thanks in advance.

i never installed drivers the for my nforce 570 sli chipset. it always runs faster and better without them. i didnt install them on my vista instillation and it ran fine.

ok but any ways i uninstalled the version 175 drivers and put version 178 and it has been running smoothy. i am going to try to install version 180 in a little bit.

and yes patonb i got the correct xp 32 bit drivers. from the nvidia website.

put xp pro on with a couple of tweeks that came with it

There is the problem right there. XP doesnt come with tweaks. So unless you used some powertoys or something like that from Microsoft i would first look at the OS itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom