55nm GTX260 Pics Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
55nm GTX260 Pics Leaked

Expreview got some pictures of the rumored 55nm revision of Nvidia's GT200 series. They say that the revised GTX260 and new GTX295 (GTX260 GX2) won't be available until January 2009. That GTX295 sounds wicked. Can't wait to see the test numbers for it.

As it will not be available until Jan next year, we're not sure about its retail price. Its frequency stays the same as 65nm's, so there won't be much difference in performance. But we can expect its overclocking ability and power consumption will be improved thanks to 55nm GT200.

i noticed that the ram was on the back of my dads gtx 260 as well. and i said that's stupid why would they put it on the back of the pcb?

what do you estimate the specs on the newer versions

just a gpu change or are there other improvments.

;)

no.. its just a die shrink.. nothing more... it'll just (more than likely) yield higher clocks and less power consumption

and it will be a soft launch.... meaning you will not know if ur getting a 55nm or not

no.. its just a die shrink.. nothing more... it'll just (more than likely) yield higher clocks and less power consumption

and it will be a soft launch.... meaning you will not know if ur getting a 55nm or not

gotcha, that kinda sucks for the ppl who strictly want the new version and get the old.

I dont think so... the label on the pic shows GTX260 '2'... so im guessing they will add it like a separate model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom