DELL XPS 410 will not start...well somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrevdogg

Beta member
i am having a problem with my dell xps 410. the computer will not start up at all. well, it will start but only after it has been sitting for a day and then when i go into the room it is on. i am not sure if it is the power supply, memory, motherboard or if my power button is just sticking. is there a way to power on the computer from the motherboard?.....any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

You can turn the board on w/out a button by shorting the 2 power pins together with a screwdriver or something metal.

The computer turns on by itself? That's either the motherboard short circuiting or the PSU is bad.
yeah, the computer just turns on by itself. i will just let it sit and then the next morning it will be on. i did turn the psu on with a paper clip. but i don't know if that will tell me anything.

You can turn the board on w/out a button by shorting the 2 power pins together with a screwdriver or something metal.
i have been looking all day for the pins, but i am not having luck finding it.

i have been looking all day for the pins, but i am not having luck finding it.

The F_PANEL header. Gotta remove the connectors for the power button on the motherboard.

You can try getting a PSU tester as well, to check the PSU, rather than the paper-clip test (that'll jsut tell you if it turns on / can power anything or not, not necessarily if it'll turn your computer on).

The F_PANEL header. Gotta remove the connectors for the power button on the motherboard.

You can try getting a PSU tester as well, to check the PSU, rather than the paper-clip test (that'll jsut tell you if it turns on / can power anything or not, not necessarily if it'll turn your computer on).
i am going to try the f_panel header first and then i will test the psu.

do you mean the front panel i/o connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom