1st build. about to hit checkout at newegg. any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Q6600 would be better, it has a 9x multiplier and the Q9300 has only a 7.5x multiplier. He'll reach higher clock speeds with the Kentsfield. Plus the Q9300 has less cache too, 6 MB compared to the Q6600's 8 MB. For the price a Q9300 isn't worth it.

i too would go with 4870 1gb!!! that 1gb is needed in new games with larger resolutions

and personally i think any quad would do in real life situations

and i'll tell you!! that 10-20% increase from the penryn is definitely noticeable... i was running crysis warhead and deadspace today!!!! alt tabbing between the two.. and there was just about no down time switching... oooo doggy do i love my i7.. memory bandwidth galore!!!! and this is all stock settings!

wait what? i was shooting penryn down? lol... and promoting nahalem!! :)

but ya.. i guess going from kentsfield to penryn is somewhat of a jump a well... the penryn based cpu's are much more efficient

oh... lol... ya, i didnt notice...

i for one hate the current quad core line up for intel.. its garbage until they lower the prices

none of their quads or duals should cost more than an i7 920

for the meantime i guess its okay since the cheapest board is over 200 dollars...

but... the minute lower end motherboards come out... they best drop the current quads to the 200-300 dollar mark (300 being the q9650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom