X2 VS X4 How much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I have AMD 5000+ x2 2.6ghz CPU at the moment. im thinking of either waiting for the 3.0 Phenom 2 which is 3.0ghz or just get the 2.6 quad thats out now.. but how much better is x4 then x2... will you be able to tell that much of a difference between the x2 5000+ and the 9950 x4?

You would be better going intel then if your replacing both the cpu and mobo. I think the quad is warranted providing you get a good overclocking board and heatsink and on a game with multithreading (which next gen games are introducing) so all cores are used. If not then the x2 will also be very good and be able to reach a higher clock per core so be faster in current generation games. It just comes down to price really.

Yeah I agree. I think the x2 is better for gaming because there are many games that weren't coded to take advantage of the multicore processors. I actually see that problem with my x2 and some older games. I noticed that often times, only one core is being utilized, so my 3.0 ghz processor is actually only running at 1.5ghz. Me, I'll wait awhile before I go with a quad core. Give other technology awhile to catch up with it. You'll see the same with a 64bit OS. Not all programs take advantage of it and many won't even run. :-/

Oh, and Sizco, I noticed you have a Biostar mobo? I wanted to ask you, is it pretty stable? Any problems with it?

Oh, and Sizco, I noticed you have a Biostar mobo? I wanted to ask you, is it pretty stable? Any problems with it?

They are pretty stable, i just had problems OC my 5000+ to 3.2ghz and it actually being stable.. but other then that its a pretty stable Mobo.

They are pretty stable, i just had problems OC my 5000+ to 3.2ghz and it actually being stable.. but other then that its a pretty stable Mobo.

Funny I had that same board a while ago and it was able to over clock my 4800+ to 3.00ghz 24/7 with stock cooling.

Ram I didn't bother to mess with even though my transcend ram is not that great. Since I had a 12.5x mulitplier I had to get a bus speed of 241 to hit 3.01ghz.

Since you have a 13x multiplier you'll only need a bus speed of 230~235 to get 3.00ghz. Give it a try and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom