bought new case

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,
ive bought this case

Akasa Omega Black Aluminium Case - No PSU - Ebuyer

its got space for 6 12cm case fans it comes with 2 and ive bought 2 more, im going to dump in my rig in sig, my question is while i was buying the fans for it i got aswell a fan multi connector cable (4pin molex split to 4 3 pin fan connectors) and 2 of the fan connectors were white and 2 were black and its wierd when i plug in the fan in white its really slow compared to when i plug it in black, maybe not enough power???

is it a fan controller as well?? often those kinda things will add either a constant or variable resistor in the circuit, which'll slow down the fan

2 of them are fed off the low voltage (5V) and 2 are fed off the high (12V) being as it is a standard molex plug... this is the intended design... not only can i pick that up from looking at the wiring, but also, you should have read the description on that link

by running a 12V fan at 5V, you offer less potential difference across the load, less potential difference in turn mean less current, which means there is less energy available to be converted through the load (ie, lower voltage means lower fan speed)

also, please dont double post, in the future use the edit button

if i use a y power splitter and i connect to it 2 fan multi connector cables will my PSU cope with all that strain?

Didn't anyone read? It does sloew the fan down......
Connect multiple 3-pin fans to one 4-pin connector from the PSU
Can also be used to reduce fan speed and noise

This clever cable solves two problems in one. At its simplest level, the cable allows you to connect multiple 3-pin fans (or Fan Mates) to one 4-pin connector from the PSU. This is useful where you wish to install one or more 3-pin fans but there are no available 3-pin fan header sockets available on the motherboard.In addition, it gives you a choice of two operating speeds for your fan(s), by allowing you to run your 12 volt fan(s) at 5 volts if desired. This has the effect of slightly reducing the speed of the fan, and significantly reducing the noise. Although the airflow will be reduced, this rarely has a large effect on case temperature

Q) What method can I use to change the voltage from 12V to 5V? - Alan Playford

A) There is a small dial on the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom