need some recommendations plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
im in search of a new cpu, new mobo, and will have to get new builders vista premium.

ill have about $400-$450 bucks to work with, and vista builders will take $100 of that away. so you will have $300-350 to work with on the cpu and mobo

cpu options:

intel: E8400 or E8500 / or Q6600 or Q8200
amd: Phenom 9850 black edition or Phenom 9950 black edition
*list your recommendation if not listed (keep in mind, that i dont OC much so i want something running atleast 3.0 for dual and 2.4 for quad)

motherboard options:

brands ill buy: (in order from most liked to least liked)
ausus / evga / gigabyte / foxconn / msi / xfx
if you have other brand recommendations, post em up.

other motherboard options:
*must have DDR2 800 support 4 slots(using ram from current build since i just bought it)
*must have atleast 1 pci-e 2.0 slot (not running sli so only 1 needed)
*must run one of the cpu's above
*must have sata (duh)

2 mobo's i picked out from newegg are below, tell me what you think about them if you dont mind

evga mobo
Newegg.com - EVGA 113-YW-E115-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

ausus mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

any help is good help
thanks in advance.

tastegw

^^ that is one fine board! its absolutely great for OCing quads, so it'll match up with that q9550 very nicely!

^^ that is one fine board! its absolutely great for OCing quads, so it'll match up with that q9550 very nicely!

Will add that as a mental note. haha.
And yes. As i said, you can never go wrong with a E8400 or Q9550. :happy:

yeah... that gigabyte board is a beauty for OCing (quads in particular) because it'll support a monster bus speed on stock cooling... i've tested the UD3s and had my Q9300 up to 520MHz stable enough to run spi, not much else tho... can hit 505 fairly stable with a quad tho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom