Bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtecyo

Baseband Member
Hi, well I got my computer to start. Now I'm stuck with the BIOS updating. I'm suppose to update BIOS by a cd or floppy. I put in the CD and changed the priorities in the BIOS and everything and I still get the error message that says Please put in boot device and push a key. Do I install my windows xp before updating it or what?

This is right after my computer build.

Oh ok, well I can't seem to get the usb working. Do I need to install the windows software before updating bios? or is it updating bios and then installing windows? I don't have any floppies with me either lol.

Install Windows first then use the utility. But your motherboard has to support that feature otherwise you need a floppy.

Ahhh I can't do anything. I can't seem to get anything onto the floppy disk. I can't start up with cd, I can't install windows either. I just get stuck at either the set up screen or i go to a screen that says "Insert Reboot Device and restart" or something like that.

When you guys built your computer, what did you do after you set up all the parts? Once you start up the computer what did you do to update the bio?

Did you set it to boot from CD first?

Also, what's the brand/model of your board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom