Will a EVGA 8600GTS [GDDR3] work in an ECS G31T-M with a Q9550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

Well, with all the nice Black Friday sales, I purchased a number of items at a great price...so I am kinda happy about that.

I am not sure if the video card I purchased will work in one of the new Motherboards I purchased in a combo deal....

Can someone please help me to understand if these components will work together?

EVGA 256-P2-N761-TR GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

ECS G31T-M Motherboard with the newest BIOS update

Intel's Q9550

Everything is still new in the factory sealed boxes. I kind of wanted to know if this will work before I put it all together. My signature listed below was the system I build last month, it's different than this one, but I am happy with it because it is totally stable and it screams!

I suppose my biggest question is will my motherboard be able to use the GDDR3's full potential?

I am on a limited budget so I cannot afford a high end MB at the moment...but any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

It's me,

Soar

Yes, but just so you know the 8600GTS will heavily bottleneck the Q9550

Vernong,

Thanks for the reply. Well, how can I open up the bottle neck? Is it a MB issue or Video card issue? And I do not do any serious gaming. I plan to use this machine to capture HD video using MS Media Center with Pinnacle's HD Pro Stick. I will also edit the video I capture.

Have you any more thoughts on this please?

Soar

yea it'll use all of it's potential...but it's potential isn't much lol

Thanks Waffle Hammer [and I like your screen name].

Well, what card would you recommend?

Soar

depends what you like doing..if it's just for music/movies/media related stuff it'll be decent...but if you're going to game you should get a ati4850/nvidia 9800gtx+ or better

Your not gaming? then you are fine.. but if you play old games your GTS is fine..

If you play new games.. don't expect to max anything out unless of course its a source game

depends what you like doing..if it's just for music/movies/media related stuff it'll be decent...but if you're going to game you should get a ati4850/nvidia 9800gtx+ or better

Wafflehammer,

Ok, thank you. I suppose I'll be ok because I do not play many games at all [chess and delta force blackhawk down].

Thanks again for helping to me...you guys rock!

Soar

Your not gaming? then you are fine.. but if you play old games your GTS is fine..

If you play new games.. don't expect to max anything out unless of course its a source game

Vernong,

Thanks again for your help and good advice. I'll build it and and hope for the best!

I appreciate you and all the people here that help us so much.

Have a great day!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom