p11ma

Beta member
Hello,

this is my current specs:

Motherboard: Biostar NF61S Micro AM2 SE
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4400+ 2.31GHz
Video card: ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb
ram: 2GB

I think my processor bottleneck because of the new video card (HD4850), I checked with my friend that has same video card, but he has CPU - Intel E8400 and different motherboard, we both played GTA IV for PC, he was getting 40-60 fps, and I only 10-15 fps which didn't allow me to play the game property.

That's why I am thinking of new processor.

I've got two options, To upgrade my processor and motherboard to Intel C2D E8400 , and the motherboard too (pretty much expensive for me),
or:
upgrading my CPU to AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 (3.00GHz).

now look, I don't need the top of the top CPU, and I'm short in cash.
I know the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 is weaker compared to the E8400, but I only need processor that won't bottleneck with my video card. as far as I know, The more GHz the lower bottleneck I will get, And I wanted to make sure that I won't get bottleneck with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2. please let me know if you have any idea, and if you got tips for me. thanks. :)

I recently upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 and I'll tell you it's not much noticeable difference. At least it wasn't to me anyways. I run a geforce 8800 gts 320mb.

I'll warn you tho, when I upgraded my processor I ALSO had to upgrade my biostar mobo because it didn't support the new processor. I'd check before you run off and buy your processor. Make sure your motherboard will support it. Mine didn't. my old processor had a 3 pin connector and the new amd 6000 i bought used a 4 pin power connector.

Hello,

this is my current specs:

Motherboard: Biostar NF61S Micro AM2 SE
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4400+ 2.31GHz
Video card: ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb
ram: 2GB

I think my processor bottleneck because of the new video card (HD4850), I checked with my friend that has same video card, but he has CPU - Intel E8400 and different motherboard, we both played GTA IV for PC, he was getting 40-60 fps, and I only 10-15 fps which didn't allow me to play the game property.

That's why I am thinking of new processor.

I've got two options, To upgrade my processor and motherboard to Intel C2D E8400 , and the motherboard too (pretty much expensive for me),
or:
upgrading my CPU to AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 (3.00GHz).

now look, I don't need the top of the top CPU, and I'm short in cash.
I know the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 is weaker compared to the E8400, but I only need processor that won't bottleneck with my video card. as far as I know, The more GHz the lower bottleneck I will get, And I wanted to make sure that I won't get bottleneck with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2. please let me know if you have any idea, and if you got tips for me. thanks. :)

How about a X2 5400+ Black Edition, which OC's to 3.2ghz

I find it funny that DesoShade didn't see any noticable difference when moving up from 2.3 to the 3.1ghz stock seen with the 6000+. I went from an Atholon 3500+ to the 6000+ when going to build this case and what a difference!

While not running a high end video card I place some good loads on the system here and never see it bogged down with any games that are run here like Crysis, Prey, Fear, and a few others along with video capture/editing. The next however will likely see one of the new Phenom II X4s there since I've been waiting to go for a 3ghz quad since the newer models will be seeing higher clock speeds there.

Nope. I didn't really notice much of a difference. All my games run same as before. Videocard is an 8800gts, which isn't too shabby. I'm happy with the 8800 for now. Most games you run should be just fine with your 2.3ghz if you ask me. If you really want a little extra out of it, just overclock it a bit and save your money.

Are you using the stock or 3rd party hsf on the 4400+ presently? Before you decide to oc the 4400+ on a regular basis you will want a good cpu cooling setup as well as making sure the case has good air flow. You wouldn't want to end up cooking the 4400+ while trying to get a little more speed out of it.

The 89w not 125w version of the 6000+ is often the preferred choice since that will run cooler. I run the 125w version stock for the most part while having a good cooler and a pair of 120s for the front intake on the case itself. It still tends to run warm at times after a good load has been on it for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom