IT'S ALIVE. (no help from comcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i got everything put back together last night, but comcast was being flakey so i couldnt update or get on the net. Just a few teasers for you.

parts

before

after

According to the bios, the CPU is idling at 12C, that seems kind of low right? Or maybe i just got a good chip. I'll report back as i finish updating and reinstall all my programs so i can start tweaking.

Also, SLI + multimonitors = awesome.
One thing though, how do i set my phsyx to my 8800gt?

Some stats.

in the nvidia control panel there should be a tab that says set physx configuration under that you can enable or disable physx as well as dedicating a card to physx

physx is enabled, but it doesnt have any option for what to use. Says typical usage would be to offload physix to the cpu.

hmm ok it appears i could be wrong. i think that you can only do a physx dedicated card if your not doing sli. if you cant then the physx load is split between the gpu's.

and nice looking set up you got there

Ok so then it will us my 8800gt. Anyhoo, i'm still trying to figure out the bios on this board, havent been about to find where i can set the bclk. Although for some reason the board defaulted me straight to 3.2ghz.

maybe you got a superclocked chip by accident :p

anyway..i've seen things about these having some sort of self-ovcerclocking thing built in...maybe it has something to do with it

Ya the turbo mode will kick the multi up to 21 if the thermal limit is lower enough.

Looks like there is an autooverclock on this board. It's called "dummy overclock". I was thinking it meant dummy like fake, apparently its dummy as in "hurr heres a free overclock". thats why its running at 3.2ghz. Also, i was getting the same stupid BSOD's i was getting with 4ghz of memory on the 750i, so to eliminate the hard drive, which i think might be the issue, i reinstalled on my other 160gb drive and did full updates. Going to run for a few hours with only 2gb and see if i have any issues then pop the other 2 sticks in and see if i get the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom