New video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the replies once again, now one more question....hows the whole overheating thing on the 1gig gigabyte with zalman fan version of the 4850? Because my 7900gs overheated a lot but i got a third party zalman cooler and it helps...but sometimes my card still overheats which causes artifacting. Just wondering if the card does well under strain?

Thanks for all the replies once again, now one more question....hows the whole overheating thing on the 1gig gigabyte with zalman fan version of the 4850? Because my 7900gs overheated a lot but i got a third party zalman cooler and it helps...but sometimes my card still overheats which causes artifacting. Just wondering if the card does well under strain?

To be honest, you shouldn't try an HD 4850 with a 375w dell psu. It wouldn't be a good choice.

Go with the HD 4670, it will be able to play Oblivion and Fallout 3 on high settings. And yes, it will be a big improvement over the 7900GS.

Get the 512mb version, like Red said before. The 4670 is also very easily overclockable, and when you overclock it, it can keep up with the 9600GT.

what i think is most important for you to do first IS to get new power supply. With a power supply of only 375w I think it is a bit dangerous to have such a high end computer specs. Modern technology are chewing up more watts each year~!

I installed a 9600 gt into my XPS 410 and it works great. It was a cheap upgrade until I get the cash to build a real computer.
No problems with the power supply or fitting the card into the case. It was a hugh jump in gaming graphics and performance for me. My Dell came with a 7300 LE card installed when i got it.
On COD4 i went from 720x480 and everything on lowest settings getting 30 fps(looked crappy and still lagged some) to 1024x768 with all graphics maxxed out getting 50-60 fps.
Your system might do a little better, I have a core due 1.8 ghz processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom