Need advice on cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

azazeldeath

Beta member
I have a major cooling problem with my computer, my CPU runs at 70-90c, and my graphics card runs at 65c+ (comp dies when it hits 8c or 70c).

Here are my specs;
Q6600 Intel Core2
4Gb DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512
GA-D33M-DS2R Gigabyte motherboard.
2X 150mm (I am sure its 150, i know its bigger then 120mm) fans, located on the back and front of the case.
I have a Lian Li case (cant for the life of me remember what type it is, but it has good air flow)

I really need to make this thing run slower, I cant overclock it because as it is, its running hot. Ive tried a 'supercharger' shroud, goes over the rear fan, and the the CPU, and that only increased the temp to 110c.

Any suggestions? Ive got told a refrigerated case or liquid cooling will help. But with the cost of the system I want an opinion from people who know what they are talking about (a friend told me to get it, but since he cant even point out the CPU on his computer I am rather reluctant to trust him on this subject)

Edit;
Oh yeah, the ambient temperature in my room is about 35c, so keep that in mind if you suggest water cooling

Of course you could go the route of watercooling but if you aren't overclocking at all there is no point and you would be better off to stick with air.

So I shouldnt worry about my computer running at 70-90c? it idles at about 82c after about 1 hour

No that is very high and can damage your computer but you would be better off getting a new heatsink and fan instead of spending $300+ on watercooling.

Umm the problem here is your ambient temp.

You use a computer in a room thats 95F?!?!?!

Get a fracking air conditioner man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom