The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent played with memory timings yet.. i like to find a nice cpu clock before i do that... so until i can find a nice cpu clock.. ain't happening :p

i need to find out whats the limit here.. if its the cpu or qpi...

i'm going to have to try lowering the multi and seeing what kind of blck limit this mobo has

id think the board should be able to support a higher base clock... you should be able to get up to at least 215MHz for a pi or 3dmark run... so i'd guess the CPUs at fault right now... its got a massive TDP remember, so it'll get a fever at pretty low voltages on stock cooling lol

ya.. i tried booting at 1.4v.. checked bios out and was 63c ... hhahaha, kinda peed myself a little seeing that... so i'm sure it just wants to be cold to boot up... if dtek doesnt have a mount by this next friday.. i'm just gonna have to go with swiftech.. because i can't wait any longer!

yeah... you're chip needs a bit of a chill... 63°C in the BIOS!! so the die was probably around 75 or 80°!! ahhhh! i dunno if i'd want it to boot at that kinda temp... but we gotta remember... we're talking 5 times as much heat dissipation as a clothes iron!! lol so its kinda expected

ya after seeing that i immediately said screw it...

i'm almost certain dtek will not have a new bracket for this on friday... so i will be getting me a nice new waterblock

and for my last christmas/bday(dec 26th) present.. i'll grab another gtx 260 full cover block and pump to get my 2nd loop going

loop just for GPUs?? spose that way you can split the heat load better when you get tri SLI...

i'd just go ahead and grab the Apogee and a 1366 mounting bracket and bench away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom