Connecting Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalarom1701

Baseband Member
Hey i need help i have a Xion Solaris case and i am trying to connect it to an EP45-DS3R and we connect them and it won't turn on maybe its the way we plugged them in. PLEASE HELP!!!

Did you plug the front panel headers in the right away? Match up what the pins from the case have (should say) to what the F_PANEL headers on the motherboard say. Note: There should be a little arrow pointing down for the positive (+) side of the wire, on the connectors for the case. Make sure you don't have anything backwards.

Yea we did that, the power switch was in the right place. And we knew the motherboard has power because we would connect the power led and the light comes on. So we don't know whats going on.

You connected the 4 or 8 pin CPU power as well? The motherboard will light up even if you don't connect that. If you have then it's a dead motherboard or PSU and needs to be replaced.

ok. Well the motherboard is new. i just bought it and the power supply is new. I was shipped in today. There is nothing that would work or do i really need to replace it...?

Only thing you can do is either use a different motherboard or PSU and test each of your new parts to see which of the two is dead.

well i just tried something. I pulled out the 24 pin connector and the 12V and the led isn't coming on. So doesn't that mean that there isn't a problem with the power or the motherboard?

The PSU can power the motherboard when off but it could still be bad. Do any fans spin at all when trying to power on?

nope like nothing happens. no fans or anything. idk if it's the power switch that is connected wrong, or like the motherboard is after all dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom