Computer won't start after build

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtecyo

Baseband Member
Hey, well I just built my computer and well it won't even start. I bought all the stuff and I'm pretty sure i put everything in place. I plugged it in and nothing moves, no sound no nothing. Once the light turned on for a bit but the fans weren't moving or anything. Why does this happen? Does this affect everything else? Is my mobo,cpu etc fried? I have a usb plug which I didn't plug in, can this be the reason? Or is there a way to activate the mobo before I plug in the power?

Post your system specs please.

Ensure that all the connections from the power supply are in correctly. For example, the 20+4pin ATX, the 4/8pin CPU, any 4pin molex on the motherboard, and 6/8pin PCI-e connectors if you have a dedicated graphics card.

Test another power supply to make sure that is not the issue. It could also be memory, or a bad motherboard.

Without specs, I can't help further.

It has to be a power or MB issue. If it were RAM, GPU, CPU, Hard Drive, or any other device the system would more than likely start up and then shut down after giving some error messages.

As crazy said first make sure you have all power connectors in the right spots (24 + the 4 side connector for the CPU). Next test the power supply to ensure it is working. Lastly if both of those check out look into RMA'ing the MB. Did you ground yourself during installation? Could have fried it if you improperly installed the hardware.

If it were RAM, ... or any other device the system would more than likely start up and then shut down after giving some error messages.

It might, but it could also do what he is describing. I've had it happen before. RAM is weird like that.

Well I'm using a Raidmax Modular, I hope that the psu is DOA and hopefully the mobo isn't fried and nothing is harmed. How do you RMA? and what is ground installation?

My specs are:

HD-Samsung HD5021J 500GB SA

Mobo-Asus P5GC-MX/1333

CPU-Intel Core2Duo E7300 Bx

Memory-DDR2 2GB PC5300LL PATRIO

PSU-Raidmax Volcano 630w

Graphics Card-EVGA 9800GT 512 MB

Contact whoever you bought the parts from and request an RMA from them. Most likely only the PSU is dead. Other parts shouldn't be harmed.

Contact whoever you bought the parts from and request an RMA from them. Most likely only the PSU is dead. Other parts shouldn't be harmed.

Ok, I bought the parts from Fry's electronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom