Worth upgrading to the i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
So i was thinking of upgrading my rig to the new i7 920 cpu and getting a Asus p6t x58 MOBO and Corsair Dominator ddr3 pcr12800 2x 6gb kit but that would run me about $1000 do you think its worth upgrading or wait until prices drop?

Prices won't drop on mobo or CPU, its the DDR3 that's pretty brutal, and you want 12GB of it?

you seem to have a pretty nice computer, probably not worth it

why not drop a q9550 and add in another 4870?

lol my bad i mean 3x2 gb kit for a total of 6GB kit yea i was thinking of dropping in another 4870 but will need a new PSU to do that so how is the i7 and the p6t deluxe with the ddr3 rams is it a lot more faster then the rig like i have now or just somewhat faster?

well, the i7 is probably around 20% faster clock for clock then the q6600. Its definitely "zippier", and will probably OC higher, but do you really need it? It's just really really awesome to see 8 threads in task manager

i don't really think so cause my rig i have now like tears up every game i throw at it and even when i got like 3 games running and apps and web surfing it runs smooth.So i don't think i will upgrade anytime soon maybe another 4870 and new PSU and that's it for now until prices drop.

Heh there we go, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll recommend to build an i7 if its a fresh start, but upgrading with a rig like yours? not worth it

I wouldn't but then again I'm cheap and don't know how much money you have burning a whole in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom