Looking for unbiased opinions. What mp3 player to go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My brother has an 8gb iPod Nano Video edition, which I think is kinda cool. I wouldn't mind getting one, but I'd rather hear some other opinions on other comparable devices before I go buying one.

I don't "need" video... but it'd be nice. I at least know what the iPod Nano Video 8gb one is like in case I can't decide. But I'd want at least 8gb. Again, video is an option.

My concerns are simply this when it comes to the iPods. I can not possibly bring myself to even "consider" using iTunes. I just won't. Do you HAVE to use iTunes when it comes to your iPod? What about Zunes? Any comparable ones?

It's strange, because I've never been a fan of Apple, yet this iPod looks snazzy. But like I said, just wanted some more opinions.

These ideas... I like them. A lot.

I love expansion slots, especially when that media is getting cheaper in price!

Anybody have any idea what the max size card these memory expansion slots can read on these devices?

EDIT - I've been looking around more at these Sandisk Sanza's... but I'm noticing something. They don't have replaceable batteries... kind of a black spot on the device. But the more I look around, the more I find other devices with the same thing. Is this a standard now? Should I even consider this in my search?

EDIT - Found a winner.

Newegg.com - SanDisk Sansa e200 1.8" Black 4GB MP3 Player Sansa e260

4gb, not bad. Good price, removable battery, Micro SDHC slot. I'm a fan!

With the iPod you can use Anapod Explorer. It isnt free but is the best software to use with a iPod. I bought it to use when i work on people's iPod's and i dont even own a iPod.

I prefer the Zune. I have a 1st Gen and it has been updated to the latest firmware/software and still runs like a champ. The software is easy to use and configure and you can connect it to anyone else's PC as a guest and transfer data to and from it without regards of signing into your "account" like iTunes.

I have also used SanDisk before. Great flash based player. Worked well and chugged along for me. I had one of the first version of it. Ran on a AAA battery and was 512MB. Small little bugger as well. I would recommend a newer SanDisk though. :p

iRiver's are not that bad. I have seen and tested them out in store before when i worked at Wally World. They did have some compareable feature to that of a iPod and Zune.

There are just some other opinions. Now that i read you last edit and see you found one already. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom