Budget WoW Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Is it possible to build a system that will run WoW good for under $500? Monitor or Hardrive not needed.
basically case, OS, and a wireless keyboard and mouse combo.

WoW? **** yes, don't need much. 1/2gb ram (with xp) **** a 8600GT or i used to play wow on a 6800GT, and a pentium 4 3.0ghz

would a $300 build play it well? or just minimum req's?

300 Build would play it at the highest with 1GB of ram. OEM version of XP cost 80 - 90 dollars. A case is just a box, you can get one with a 500w psu for 45+ and then an intel or amd specific mobo can cost 50 to 70 dollars. it's possible. I'm no wizard, i build to my own specs, don't cheap out on your graphics card.

build a better rig and play a better game. dont build around wow because it will be useless for any other games

i was told to never get a PSU that came with a case. i heard they are all very poor quality.

Of course, that doesn't mean they won't work. When you buy another PSU, your obviously using your computer for some thing extensive, looking to upgrade down the line or want more power.

You can buy the case alone plus a power supply, but, keeping in mind with your budget you'll spend 100 either way on another person's 'decent' idea of a power supply.

build a better rig and play a better game. dont build around wow because it will be useless for any other games

+1 I have a total of three people i know who play wow, the game isn't that great, it has a lot more content then other games.

You should play Warhammer Age of Reckoning instead of WoW. Thousand times better, doesn't take to much more than WoW to run. WaR is really the game that WoW wanted to be :)

I played WAR in beta and at launch and its nothing close to WoW, even though i don't play WoW anymore, it sure had a much smoother launch but its balance lack of content is shadowed by WoW. Blizzard has too much resources to let any other game come close for a good while. With MMO's its hit or miss because different people like different aspects of the game, i hate PvP and love PvE, hence why i dislike WAR. WoW is a fixed game that will be pumping out content for a few more years and its not going to get more demanding on a PC, so why not build one around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom