booting continous

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about the editing I'm new to this.

I think you misunderstanding me i put the win xp disk in the cd-rom and it starts to load win xp then reboots everytime

I have done this a 1000 time but this is the first for me with this prob.

Go into your BIOS setup. On that flash screen you should see it say press ** to enter setup. Do that.

bios.gif

Should look something like that. From there choose the boot section and what does it say there?

Also, check your CPU temperature in BioS (usually under PC Health Status) and make sure its hovering below 50 degrees centigrade.

Mem test gets about half way done and the sys. reboots again, cpu temp is alright but I don't get any errors in memtest while it running and it goes to a differant place on memtest each time it run's and reboots

That would indicate either a temperature, CPU or RAM problem. Make sure the CPU is seated correctly. If you say the temperatures are alright too then try switching the memory.

Thanx Ive been doing some research and it say's the mem. has to be 3.3 vol pc133 and i have pc133 but none of it says 3.3 on it so maybe i will have to get some differant mem.or can you tell me if all pc133 is 3.3 or not thanx,

well all i had to do was update the bios twice and bingo I ready to go but thanx for the help anyway.:D:D

sounds like either your bios was corrupt or was an old version that didnt support one of your components. glad you got it resolved.

Well I thought I was ready to go but when loading XP.it got down to finalizing and froze up. so I restarted and the computer started rebooting eveytime it gets to loading windows executive Ive done everything I can think of maybe some of you can give me some of your expert advice, I'm at my wit's end thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom