Upgrading gaming rig for the holiday, need some geek help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffman

Solid State Member
Ok so last holiday season I bought this baby, ( for crisis mostly:eek: i know i know :( )

Asus 650i Sli Mobo
8800GT 512mb eVGA
2gb ram
G15 keyboard
Razer Krait gaming mouse
Intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz
Vista Home Premium 64 bit ( ugh i wish i can stab it with a wooden cross)
For the power supply I'm not quite sure i think its 450.

but my processor is kinda slow, but thats also expsensive, Idk what do you guys think, my main goal is to be able to run GTA IV for pc, which I can't atm.

I'm also wondering if a GTX 280 will fit in my mobo

I'm also wondering if a GTX 280 will fit in my mobo

It will. Not sure but I think the gtx280 is bigger than a 8800gt so might wanna make sure it will physically fit in the case. I know my comp can't fit a card much bigger than my 8800gt.

If this is for pure gaming, then I think your cpu is fine....i would get a new video card and 2 more GB of ram.

I was going to post helpful comment... but then I saw "geek help"

Of course im a geek:cool:

If this is for pure gaming, then I think your cpu is fine....i would get a new video card and 2 more GB of ram.

Thats what i was thinking,btw i checked the GTX 280 can fit in the mobo idk about the case though it should its pretty big.

It's ok, I'm sure he's a geek too.

To the OP, what processor do you have? And the GTX 280 is about 10.5" long.

Intel

Yea I know it's Intel, but what is it exactly? Like E6550, E7200? Because if it's similar to one of those, then you won't have to upgrade your cpu.

Oh and you don't have to do multiple posts within seconds of each other. Just use the edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom