A Cheap Build for Semi-Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks pretty good. I see you picked up the G.Skill ram off of the motherboard combination to save extra money.

4GB of ram is a bit much, are you going to run a 64bit OS take full advantage?

Other than that, I can't make any other suggestions with your current package. What do you mean missing fans? Are you going to swap out your heatsink and stock cooler on the cpu?

If you have budget of $700 then you may want to swap the CPU for this
CPU - $82.99
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Motherboard - $69.99 after MIR
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This will cost you $605 after MIR if you get the other parts the same as the one you posted in your first post. You can even get an E7300 or E7400 and you build will still cost under $700

The main reason i went with the board that I did was because I want another PCIe 2.0 slot to work with for future upgrading. I want the computer to be upgradable to a good degree and I know with this one I can add a AM3 processor if needed later on down the road and some better RAM.

I'll take a look at he 9800 thanks.

To reply to you object, I picked 4g of ram mainly because I will be using 64bit vista, and the price is almost too good to pass up on that. I figured to use 2x2 that way I will have room for expansion later on that system without having to replace 4x1 sticks.

Also, does anyone think there are any bottolenecks here? I dont see any but I may have overlooked something.

I see the enhancement, any idea's on a decent board with 2 or more PCIe slots and upgradable to at least 8g mem... preferably to keep within budget..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom