Audio editing Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
As the title says I need a rig that will do some serious Audio editing work I have a fair idea what I want but I just wanted to confirm with you guys. The budget is NZ$4000. Parts im thinking of;

-Intel core I7 940
-Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4
-4 500GB HDD's in Raid (1TB space and the other two for redundancy)
-Corsair 620HX
-12GB Gskill DDR3 1300

What I need is to know if this would be suitable. Also I need a video card (It will be running two for tri screens). These cards will have to be single slot (maybe 4850's?) so the two soundcards can fit. If you want you can pick different components but just remember the budget is in New Zealand dollars and is therefore less than US dollars, and that it has to fit two video cards and two sound cards.

Ok so my friends budget has gone down to $3000 since he needs screens too. Heres what I have so far;

Intel Q9650 3.00GHz, 12mb L2 cache CPU = $967.50 from OCZone
GSkill 4Gb DDR2 800MHz ((2x2GB) x2) RAM = $216.90 from C1Shoppingmall
Samsung SH-S223F SATA DVD = $42.25 from C1Shoppingmall
ATI HD4870 GPU1 = $399.92 from OCZone
ATI HD4850 GPU2 = $307.13 from OCZone
Corsair 620HX PSU = $179.00 from PlayTech

+400 for case, and I need to find a motherboard that has 3 pci slots and 2 pci-e slots (one needs to be double width)

why ever would you need 4870 and 4850 for an audio station?

unless somehow audio now has 3d plug-in??????
then okay I can see how you would need 2 GAMING gfx cards

fast cpu --- check
lots of ram ---- maybe grab 8 Gbs

Um, if you are into audio editing then you should invest most of your money towards a kick a** sound card. Look for quality brands like Asus and Auzentek.

Just so you know this rig is for a friend not me, and yea it is going to have 2 maudio delta 1010's in it (US$750 each), Also this will be used for gaming aswell, since I found out you can use three screens with one video card and the onboard graphics It will only have one gpu now and ill find a motherboard with intergrated graphics

Well thats good to know because It might have to have two video cards, because my friends dad is paying for it and wants it to use a core I7 so its as future proof as possible. And none of the core I7 motherboards I can buy (if any) have integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom