Why not AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
Why would someone choose Intel over AMD?
I am looking for a technical answer, as I didn't get a rough enough explanation.

I've been told, Each core has a single data bus, and that a quad core processor does not do 4 things at once, it has to wait in turn along the bus.

Reasoning being that AMD processors are faster because the data has already reached the processor, so there is less work to do?

I am looking for a technical answer on why Intel is better then AMD. Not benchmarks.
Not trying to start a arguement, I am just looking for a nice smooth technical answer.

I truely appreciate the help, thanks :).

most cases intel is faster clock for clock against AMD...simple answer..just each chip uses a different architecture and intel's just happens to be better for now

most cases intel is faster clock for clock against AMD...simple answer..just each chip uses a different architecture and intel's just happens to be better for now

Not to sound uptight or anything, but do you have a technical answer for it?
Such as why it is faster per clock? And why the architecture makes a difference? And what does it mean to be faster clock per clock?

I am doing this for a learning experience so I can explain this further to other people, I'm just not very good at it, and I turned here for more technical answers.

As I said, I truely do appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom