Video Card. Help! Which one to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowolf

Beta member
Yo!

I'm a special effects design & an avid gamer***:) and I'm looking foward to buying a new computer. The only problem: the graphics card. I'm torn between: ATi Radeon 9500 Pro, Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 or 5800, and the Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4800. I see mixed results @ Toms Hardware review (tomshardware.com). Help, fast! I have 5 more days to burn before I have to buy a computer for the special effects training course @ dvGarage.

Peace,

Neo

** The Matrix Reloaded is coming soon. I HIGHLY recommend you see it **.

Go with the ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, if you have a little more cash, go wiwth the 9700 or 9800.

ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, with equal, and even higher performance than the GeForceFX 5600 Ultra and GeForce4 Ti 4800, as well as better visual quality (due to the higher degree of anisotropic filtering on the chip).

Even though it's not a 9700 Pro or 9800, it'll still get the job done, but even more, there are hacks (with Riva Tuner) which allow you to softmod a 9500/9500 Pro 128 MB into a 9700 (regular) or FireGL Z1. (of which - Try at your own risk!)

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO PLAY SPLINTER CELL

But, but...

On Tom's Hardware review the results show that on Splinter Cell, the ATi Radeon 9500 Pro looses out with frame rates of 20-30 fps whereas the GeForece Ti 4800 is able to render fps up to 30-40.

What your opnion?

Over and out,

Neo

I just ordered the 9500 Pro a couple days ago.... if you want to email me maybe on Sunday/Monday I can give you some benchmarking scores with the 9500 on my system. Currently running a FX5200 , and it sucks

my systems is a P4 2Ghz, 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom