Back and still no Rig lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I had a GOOD idea? lolz.

So a small SSD for OS and that isn't going to slow me down if I partition it? I can't fathom the speeds I will achieve here, all this tech is uber new to me (P4 here remember) and yea.. so this stuff is just Sci-Fi channel to me right now. I just don't wanna buy it try it and people laugh at me with the "you did WHAT?!" comment.

I can get like 2x30GB SSD drives for like.. hmmmm 100 bucks after mail in is why I ask... or I can go bigger for more of course.. but yea.. I kinda wanna spend as little as possible making as impressive as possible... lolz.

Is Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies still gonna have allt he connectors, power, and "Ummmph" I need to power everything, well, and the future second GPU ?

you dont want those OCZ core drives, if those are the ones you are talking about.
you dont want to use any of the low end SSDs for anything other than your OS, and i dont think i would use the core series even for that. OCZ solid at the minimum. you want to write to the cheap SSD (including the solid series) as little as possible because their write speeds leave something to be desired.
750TX is a beast and will work for what you are thinking of getting and then some more.

I ask because my build as/is is about 1,500 dollars, before any rebates and stuff.. and I have on me in cash 1,100 dollars....soo.. here in about... 2-3 weeks I will have all the money to buy it at once.. so it's getting close to time ^.^

and anywhere I can cut a little means it's that much closer to becoming mine. Lol.
The car will wait a bit. lol.

and of course I can wait on things like.. GPU- The one I have isn't "horrible" and still works decently, I won't get the high quality gaming I want just yet, but those prices are falling rather fast, so I can hold out a bit longer.

OS- Going to revert to XP pro for a bit, as well and downgrade to just 3GB Ram (the board I want has 6 slots, so I can always buy the same 3GB pack later to get 6GB of Triple channel ram) Just to make sure everything is compatible and good and works out-of-the box and such.

those 3 things right there save me what.. 250+100+80= 430 bucks, for now.

Guess this will be a 2 Step thing, buy the major build now, then upgrade the GPU and RAM a tad later.

As for the monitor... I found one that snuck up on me like a ninja, then looked at me in the eyes and with a tear said "mommy?" So.. I found my baby.... let's hope it grows up to be amazing.

Newegg.com - ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

so no one is sayin if that monitor is a good deal or not? or if any problems exist with it?

I am about to order it... probably be ordering in a few hours... would like to know if its a pickle before hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom