I have no idea what video card to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandosaez

Solid State Member
Hello,
I want to upgrade my video card and I have 200 bucks. I was wondering If you guys could recommend one. I like to play games like; call of duty, crysis, and now grand theft auto 4. I really have no idea what to buy!
Please help, time is in issue…I live in Chile and my brother will be coming here from Canada on the 16th, so that's 10 days. Video card are so much cheaper there, and I really don't have the money right now, but it's now or never. jajajaja
Thanks,
Fernando

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD
Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Vista 64 ultimate
Amd dualcore processor 2.4 ghz
4 gigabyte of Ram

Thanks for your answer, but it leaves me one question, what is the diffrence in getting a 256-bit or a 512 bit videocard? will games in close future only accep 512-bit videocards up?
Thanks

Do you mean memory size or memory interface? I'm assuming memory size, but cards with 512mb will perform better. Future games are starting to chew up more memory needing 1Gb, such as Fallout 3. It comes in handy for large resolutions as well.

512 bit is faster than 256 bit as you can imagine

no, games in close future will run on these cards fine

yea, I said 200 bucks...thats 225 in Canadian dollars, a little les than 200 USD...but now you scared me :( I have a 450 Watt power supply, am I tost?

Watts aren't enough information, it could be a crap PSU for all we know.. can you take a pic of the PSU and post it here? (the side button sticker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom